COVID-19 Protocols for Center Hardware:
UPDATED: Friday, April 17, 2020
Mayor Breed announced a new public health order for mandatory face coverings.
The order goes into effect tonight 4/17 at 11:59 pm but will not be enforced until Wednesday, April 22nd.
(Press Release on Face Coverings and Official Public Health Emergency Order Text)
What this means:
For the public, face coverings will be required:
While inside or waiting in line to enter an essential businesses, like a grocery store or pharmacy.
When seeking health care.
When waiting for or riding transit.
When entering facilities allowed to operate under the Stay Home Order (such as government buildings.)
Inform customers about the need to wear a face covering, including posting signs;
Take reasonable steps to keep people who are not wearing a face covering from entering their business, and
Refuse service to anyone not wearing a face covering.
COVID-19 Response and Updated Procedures Regarding Social Distancing Protocols and Public Health
We hope that all our neighbors, community, and customers are staying safe while we are all instructed to shelter-in-place. Moving forward as an essential business committed to supporting San Francisco during this crisis, we are making some immediate changes to better protect the health of our team and our customers.
- If you have a fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms, you MAY NOT enter the store. Please return when you are well.
- As of 04/22/20, you must have appropriate face covering to be granted entry into Center Hardware. Please see the Mayor's order above. We have options available for purchase.
- Limit of TEN (10) customers at a time may be inside the store. Please respect social distancing when waiting outside.
- Be aware of other customers and make sure you have 6' of distance between you and others.
- No more than ONE (1) customer may be in any aisle at any time.
- Please shop with a list and limit the amount of time you spend in the store.
- Remember: Will call, curbside pickup, delivery options. You can call, email, or text us to coordinate. Call (415) 861-1800 / email email@example.com / text (415) 881-1397 with your order and we can have it ready for you in will-call.
- If your child or pet may not stay at home, please keep them in your immediate area. All pets must be on a lead.
- Our cleaning and sanitization schedule is posted inside the store.
- No reusable bags will be permitted.
- No returns or exchanges on merchandise.
- Our floor is taped for visual cues.
- Consider limiting cash transactions. We accept all major credit cards and contactless payments like Apple Pay.
- Wash your hands.
- Unfortunately, we are not currently able to accept residential recycling, make chip keys for your vehicles, facilitate tool repair, or service STIHL equipment.
Celebrating 140 Years of Fine Hardware
You're sure to find everything you need to complete your project at Center Hardware. For more than 100 years, we have been providing high-quality tools, industrial supplies, and products to trade professionals and DIYers throughout the Bay Area. Whether you need a single lightbulb in your home or enough to light up the entire Bay Bridge, you'll find what you're looking for at Center Hardware. We have decades of experience working with San Francisco City departments, building engineers, hotels, airports, contractors, and companies of all sizes. We specialize in B2B.